Friday, November 13, 2015

I Couldn't Give Two Flying Fig Flakes what is on a Starbuck's cup...

   FINALLY!! We've all made it to the end of the week!  Can I say that a glass of Sangria might be in my future tonight? Seriously, folks... It's been a long week, even with the holiday!  Here's what I've been up to... 

Favorite Time: It's the Weekend!... Because My Patience is Wearing Thin... 


    I really started today in a great mood... But people have worn my patience so thin, I am really just ready to go home and hang out with my dog... (who is actually the cutest thing, ever! lol :)  What is it with people? Today, I've had a conglomeration of all the annoying masses... I've had people who don't listen, ignorant people, people who miss communicate, people who micromanage, fake people, rude people, flaky, entitled, lazy, hyperactive, incessant people, greedy, annoying as all get-out people... Seriously-- just so many annoying people today.  So glad it's the weekend in a few hours! I really tried to be in a great mood, today.. But Geesh!

Favorite Book:  Grey by E.L. James


        So, I told you that I was going to read this one, too. I am halfway through it, and so far the writing quality far surpasses the quality of the original series! I mean, Wow!!! E.L. James can afford a proof-reader, now! LOL I really am enjoying this piece better, albeit really is telling the exact same story from another point of view.  I can do without a lot of the technical business jargon, but overall, it's been great!  The Ana describe from Christian's point of view is a bit more edgy and obstinate-- which is kind of who we see in the actual movie.  I can say, too, that I'm pretty annoyed that Fifty Shades Darker (the Movie) isn't coming out until February 2017.  The production team better see what they can do about speeding this up, because I really think the FSOG sizzle is going to fizzle soon... There weren't a lot of huge great reviews about the first installment, so it will be interesting to see if the second movie garners as much hype as the first one did.  I mean, sure, there are always going to be hardcore FSOG fans-- just as there were for Hunger Games and Twilight... But Hunger Games and Twilight also had the backing of a general "appropriate for all" aged audience and a major following in the pre-teen demographic.  FSOG has a much more limited audience than the others on top of the fact that the production wasn't the best quality.  But- I did start a series, so I'm sure I'll be seeing all 3 parts of the series.  I just watched the movie again, and now I see a little more of what critics have been saying.  A lot of it doesn't make sense, as well as some of the cuts that were made in the movie were pretty funny... For instance, in the book, there is a full-on exchange between the first time Ana meets Grace Trevelyan Grey (Christian's Mom), where in the movie, they are introduced, she excuses herself for a phone call, then after spending NO time with her, tells Christian that she likes her a lot ... Really?... There are just a lot of things like that.

       I do like the fact that in Grey, they've cut back on the sex details.  Not only have they cut them down, but they've also cut back on the description each time.  I'm no prude, and I really don't mind them painting a picture-- but anyone who has read the series knows the over-saturation of sex that was in the trilogy. It really took away from the main story- which really is the gem of the whole thing.  I'll update you all when I finish!


Favorite Blessing:  "Bless the Paperman" by Alysun Ogilby




       This was one of my favorite things about this week.  With all the crappy things that go on day to day, in our world, and also, of all the negative attention that Christians get in our "Politically Correct" No One Should Be Accountable for Anything, We don't Care about Morality,  Don't 'judge' me, Everyone should do as they feel, It's Not My Fault Society, it's great to see a story that actually shows the true work of God and what Christ's followers can really be like.  I think, one of the most frustrating things about being a Christian in 2015, is the fact that non-Christians and "the world" tries to paint "Christians" with one brush, when actually not every Christian is cut from the same cloth.  We all have our own unique stories and backgrounds-- and on some levels, beliefs & convictions.. 

       Sure-- some of us have done it to ourselves by being incredibly intolerant of others, placing ourselves & allowing others to place us on pedestals, becoming legalistic and closed off to learning about others who don't believe the same way... and having impractical approaches of sharing the gospel... and Yes... too many who have actually been really judgmental... 

[Sidenote:]   Actually, Rick Warren said this... But I guess, so did Phil Robertson... Doesn't make it untrue, lol.  



    The problem with those who don't share the faith, is that they try to stuff Christians all into the same box.  If one group of Christians is judgmental, it becomes "All Christians are judgmental"... If some Christians are prudes, "All Christians are prudes"... If Candace Cameron decides to take a personal stand about not being too reveling with her Dancing with the Stars costumes, the world berates her for wearing probably the most modest Little Mermaid costume in history... Even more modest than the actual little Mermaid, etc... I'm just saying... People go nuts with the extremes,  when it comes to religion.  
  
     But that's not what I wanted to talk about.... Here's actually something great that is being spread within the Christian Community & beyond. A friend I met in college was challenged by her church to bless someone with something called a "reverse offering".  Basically, the church gave everyone in the congregation $5.00 and challenged them to bless someone else.  Well, instead of just buying someone a cup of coffee or their fast food (which would've also been generous) Aly thought a bit deeper and a bit bigger.  As long as I've known her, Aly has had a heart of gold and a love for others.  She really does try to have a "servants heart" to make a small difference in the world.  However, this time, she has impacted so many around her with just $5.00.  She noticed a man in her city that brought so much joy to others, while doing a thankless job; delivering papers to motorists on busy streets in Cincinnati.  So, instead of just handing him the $5.00, Aly decided to make him an online funding account and get the community involved.  If you want to read the entire story go here!   So far, that $5.00 has turned into over a wopping $6,150.00-- Yeah, you read that right, $6K! I'm beyond moved by what a little obedience can do.  Willie Holley is that faithful paperman who has been blessed by the community.  Its just not every day that we are able to bless someone on such a grand scale... and it's through these kinds of acts that people come to know Jesus.  It's not through the criticism, the judgment, and fire and brimstone that may have worked in other decades.  Being different by thinking of others outside of yourself-- their needs is what stands out to people in this generation; As I said before, there is such a "Me Me Me, Entitled" virus that has grown over the years, that people find it odd if you actually do care.  I'm so proud of the Ogilby family & what they've started. I hope that the trend of loving and giving to others (even beyond the holiday season) will grow and ignite embers that will burn across peoples hearts.  I hope that by this kind of example, people are compelled to love others and not to get caught up in some of the hang ups that Christians have been given or have given themselves.  Afterall-- the whole point is to point people towards Christ.  Sometimes people do things with the wrong motives that brings attention to themselves, in the name of Christ... This is not one of those times.  


Favorite Read:  The Vanity Fair Article feat. Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner


     I know I'm late-- but I just got around to reading the actual article about Bruce Jenner's transition into Caitlyn Jenner.  I really wasn't particularly interested in reading it, although I did want to see the Docuseries "I am Cait".  After seeing the drama that ensued from the Kardashian side, my interest to read the actual Vanity Fair article, for myself, was ignited.  Overall, I think that Bruce/Caitlyn has done what he can to be effective as a "spokesperson".  Caitlyn has literally only been "Caitlyn" a few months, and I think s/he needs to spend more time learning about the community, before thinking that s/he has any right to appoint herself a "spokesperson".  I think, Caitlyn's "position" is very limited and her time could best be spent supporting & funding/sponsoring existing organizations.

    As far as the Vanity Fair Article... I found it to be interesting how much Caitlyn exhibits this "victim" mentality.  S/he claims the "TMZ took her right to privacy away about coming out to her family"-- when peppered throughout the article you also read that they kids already knew... And everyone knows that TMZ along with so many other social news outlets are pretty much taken with a grain of salt, if no one is adding fuel to the fire... Then... S/he also makes this big statement about "if s/he was on her deathbed, and it never came out, s/he would think, "You really blew it. You blew your whole life..." I kind of feel like it's either or... Either you wanted to come out and it was your decision or TMZ forced you out... I'm a little bit over this "let's twist the story to fit my needs" mentality that people have these days.

   As far as his relationship with Kris Jenner... I absolutely see why the Kardashian side of the family was infuriated by what was said.  I'm not a fan of Kris Jenner, but Caitlyn was pretty unforgiving and a bit relentless to how "badly" Bruce was treated when they were married.  It irritated me that he comes off like a victim in that scenario, because from what we can see, he was fully intending on riding that Kardashian money train all the way to the bank as long as he could... Near the end of that segment the divorce was said to be "amicable"-- and it seems he tries to use that as a "buffer" for the nasty things he said about Kris for the majority of the segment that referred to their marriage.  It seems like the entire article was a bit of a stab at his ex-wives and extenuating circumstances that caused him to stay closeted about being transgender. There was hardly any mention where he takes any responsibility for his faults of the past-- except to say that "he wasn't a great father to the Jenner kids".  There's a lot of work, there, that needs to be done before "Caitlyn" goes on this huge circuit of speaking on the behalf of transgenders... smh.


Favorite Laugh:  Luke... I'm NOT Your Father...


   So, basically... Pregnancy Prevention with a twist!  I'm not a Star Wars fan, but this was pretty hilarious & innovative!

Favorite Headache:  Donald Trump and his Trumpeteers... 


      Why is it that Donald Trump seems to have unfounded zealotry for every non-issue that arises?  How do you trust such a vapid person?  Donald Trump is a prime example of a jack-hole that people pardon because he has access to platforms because of his money.  As a Christian, I'm far more offended that someone like him would be calling for a boycott on Starbucks, rather than the fact that Starbucks took Christmas decor off of their cups.  I couldn't give two Flying Fig Flakes what is on a Starbuck's cup.  The whole reason this has become "offensive" is because someone decided to give a reason as to why they were doing it, as opposed to just doing it sans explanation... I mean, if Candace Cameron isn't even backing this "strike on Starbucks" how does Donald Trump decide he's qualified? Ooooh, right... Entitlement and manipulation. It seems to be the backbone of America, these days... Donald Trump is a dangerous and reckless man.  I am really hoping he's not elected.  How doe someone who's racist, sexist, immature, irrational, and irresponsible decide one day, "Hey, I'll be president"... Sure he has some accomplishments-- but his overall erratic behavior should be enough to have people terrified of a presidency with him... I can't live in a Donald Trump America. I'll move to London. I can't with him...

Favorite Video:  Patti LaBelle Pie

James Wright Chanel Tries Patti LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie

Cooper Lyons Davenport Tries Patti LaBelle Pie


    I mean... I kinda have to try it now, right? LOL I'm actually a fan of Pumpkin Pie over Sweet Potato Pie-- but if Patti's is that good, then I really need to get it before the season ends!


Have a Happy Weekend! Try to enjoy yourself! You deserve it!!! (I know I do!)

XO,
  Tiffani
    


















1 comment:

  1. Love LOVE Loooove ALL of what you said!! you hit the nail on the head with it all!! Especially with the Donald...lol oh and the Pie!! I love sweet potato pie better...I gotta try that pie too!! (Y)

    ReplyDelete