Friday, May 1, 2015

What a Wicked Week!!!

   Welcome to the close of a Wicked fast week! So much to talk about! I'm so glad that I can share about what's been going on this week, with you fine folks! Check it out!

Favorite Activity:  Wicked 


   So, last night, my sister and I went to the Schuster Center to check out the Victoria Theatre's production of Wicked.  It was super fun & exciting! The Victoria Theatre Association always puts on an amazing show! They always get the costumes, special effects and makeup right!  The show itself was so interesting. I loved the story line! I always knew it had something to do with The Wizard of OZ being told from the Wicked Witch of the West's point of view, but never did I imagine that it would be so intricate and well written!  For starters, it's a truly different emotional ride than I thought I'd be on. I thought it was going to be this wicked witch telling a cheeky indulgent story about how "she was done wrong" and how everyone misunderstands her, etc, etc... What surprised me was that Wicked takes us back to a time far beyond twisters & Auntie Em. You meet Elphaba [later to be known as "The Wicked Witch of the West"] But not only that, you meet 'Galinda' [later to be "Glinda, the Good Witch of the North"] when they were students in college. This story is far more entertaining than I thought it was. Not only do you get to peer into the relationship the two witches had while they were younger, but you also get introductions to all of the Wizard of Oz characters, in the most fascinating ways! They kind of just sneak up on you, and after paying close attention to the dialogue, you realize, oh my goodness, that's the Cowardly Lion... Wait! He's gonna be the Tin Man! It's so amazing! The fact that the Victoria Theatre Association and Benjamin & Marian Schuster Center put on exquisite shows makes this show just as good as anything you'd see on Broadway!


     Another wickedly fun fact, Ashley Parker Angel played the part of Prince Fiyero! I realize that many of you guys are probably so young, you don't know who he is... Well, once upon a time, in a place called the Early 2000's, there was a little boy band called O-Town. O-Town was the band that was gleaned from a reality tv show called,  Making the Band with P.Diddy, Diddy, (Puffy) Sean Combs... whatever the dude is calling himself, these days...Ashley Parker Angel was like the Joey McIntyre of the group... from New Kids on the Block... What? Still not getting it?He was the Justin Timberlake of N'Sync!! Harry Styles,from One Direction??? Ok, now you're with me...
 O-Town released a total of 3 albums (2 of which, I don't know if anyone knew about), and pretty much faded into obscurity afterwards... never to be heard of again... until you see little emerald gems like band Hottie, Ashley Parker Angel on your local theatre stage!   It was awesome to see he's still doing his thing! 




Favorite Drink:  Wicked Witch Cocktail


   Malibu Coconut Rum, Midori Melon & Pineapple juice, topped with a bright red cherry makes the Citilites Restaurant a fun place to be on a Wicked night! It's a sweet tasting cocktail to enjoy before the show with friends and tasty tapas or appetizers! I loved the unique cuisine there, even if it was a bit on the pricier side. I had a couple of these with their Boursin Tenderloin Egg Rolls, which were tasty. They were two egg rolls of beef tenderloin, herbed  boursin cheese, Lemongrass, Horseradish cream and Jalapeno Jam. It was a great appetizer. The only critique I had was that it was $10 for the egg rolls, which weren't even that big. Had they added one more (2 half-rolls) it would've felt worth the money. 

Favorite Nostalgia:  Teen Girl Squad #4




   One of the really fun things that takes me back to my college days, is "Teen Girl Squad".  This was back when colleges had Computer Labs (do they still have those?) where you could do what you wanted in your free time or between classes.  I came across Homestarrunner.com, which had all these really cute & funny characters and cartoons. Teen Girl Squad cartoons were my favorite, because they stereotyped a group of girls in a social group, and they all made me laugh.I don't believe it's still around, but they always amused me. Watching some of these videos reminds me of some of the key jokes my friends and I used to laugh about! Check them out! They also have Strong Bad's Emails (because this was when email was HUGE) and other things to make you laugh! Youtube them & see what you find!

Favorite Soundtracks:  80's Movie Soundtrack Playlist

       One of the things I love doing is creating Musical playlists to listen to while I work.  Before I really got into the thick of my day a few days ago, I took one of those Pop Culture Quizzes on Facebook (How well do you know such in such movie?... How much of a fan are you?, etc...) This one was about 80's music in famous movies. I thought I could turn the answers into an eclectic group of tunes, and voila! Instant playlist! Of course I had to add a few of my own favorites. Trust me, there's plenty from Dirty Dancing, Breakfast Club and Flashdance! lol


Well, that does it! Time to go to the gym... Ugh... Fridays are like THE WORST days to go to the gym... Besides Mondays...Tuesdays... Wednesdays... Thursdays are ok... (lol) to go to the gym... But since my attitude adjustment a few weeks ago, my mindset has been better & although it's been easier to go... it's just never easy for me to want to go, especially since they have messed up Zumba at my Gym... *Sigh* Have a great weekend! Comment me! Subscribe!! :)

XO,
   Tiffani

2 comments: