Friday, March 13, 2015

Whirlwind of a Week

   Hello, my faithful readers... or maybe reader... lol. It's been a whirlwind of a week, and I'm sure your week has been just as jam-packed... Here's what's been going on this week in Tiffaniland! 


Favorite Accessory:  Arm-Knit Scarves!



   This is the scarf that I ordered, and I absolutely love it!  It's a unique way of double-skein knitting that has been really trendy, this past winter.  My boss's daughter, Emily, makes them and sells them on her Etsy Page at Brave Little Ledges.  They're super warm & soft and pretty inexpensive.  They're a wonderful accessory for Ohio's harsh winter... If you live in California or some place warm, and find one with a looser pile (this one is thinner than the other scarves) than it's perfect to wear with long sleeved t-shirts and jeans. They come in 3 sizes, Single, Double & Triple. I got the triple, which is perfect for a nice longer scarf look, or tripling it up to make a really warm and snug scarf for frigid temps! Check it out! 

Favorite Song:  Perfect Day, Lady Antebellum

  
    This is definitely a "Feel Good" song! Every now and then, I like to listen to Country Music, and Lady Antebellum is at the top of my list, always.  I really have gotten into "Perfect Day" this week. It reminds me of how blessed I am to have had these moments with friends & family.  It made me proud to know that other folks have also stopped and taken stock of a moment or day, and realized that "this is what life is all about"... Many of these moments are free.  You can't get those moments back. Cherish the moment... continue to create these moments...I've said "Moment" a lot! lol 

Favorite Project:  How to appropriately Break Up with Someone... 


     Once  I get the nerve... I think I'm going to write a book about how to "appropriately" break up with someone.  I was talking to a few friends/family about this recently, and it's something that's been on my heart for awhile. Maybe everyone in the world will read it, and have better relationships or leave others to have better relationships... or maybe one person will read it and not shatter someone else's heart.. or maybe no one will read it and it'll just be a nice reminder to myself that the world is in need of vast improvements...  I, for one, am an excellent breaker-upper.  My philosophy is that if you're old enough to date, old enough to share your life, old enough that you're having sexy time, old enough to be having kids  or living with someone-- then you should be old enough to break up with someone, as well.  So many folks are punks when it comes to breaking up with someone else.   You'd think that after time spent with someone- especially if it's been months or years-- especially if "I Love Yous" have been exchanged, that it would mean that, should the relationship end, each individual would handle it with the utmost care... 
    
... it's just not so...

      Too many times, the story is that someone punks out & goes ghost.  "Going Ghost" is what I call it when you're in a relationship with someone, serious or not, and they just disappear on you without explanation or warning.  One day they're there, the next day, they're gone.  This is one of the most devastating things that can happen to a person whose in love.  To be blindsided by someone who says that they love you one day & is gone the next is one of the most confusing & hurtful things to happen in a relationship.  I know, because a man I loved 4yrs ago did it to me, and I still struggle [at times] with the ghost of his memory. Now, it's happened to a friend of mine, and I truly understand his pain.   I've been watching video blogs w/Matthew Hussey, and he was saying how some people in relationships can still not want you to get over them, even while they're breaking up with you.  

     I for one couldn't care less, if I'm breaking up with you.  It might sting if you move on faster than I think you should or if you seem unaffected by the break up- but the fair & rational part of me would never stand in your way of true happiness... The loving part of me would always want you to find love & happiness, even if it wasn't with me... and when you've spent a significant time with someone, it only seems right to pay the relationship the respect it deserves, by a proper break up. Now, I'm not talking about those crazy messed up relationships where someone is cheating or beating you... but in the ones where, emotionally, something just doesn't "fit"-- and especially if that person means anything to you, at all you,  should have the respect for them to try to break up with them with minimal amounts of pain. 
   My break up 4yrs ago segued into one of the darkest times of my life.  I tend to be pretty realistic, yet upbeat... so I tend to be balanced. I was all off balanced.  This also happened during the most trying year of my life.  There was a lot of pain and suffering, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  This is exactly why I don't believe in Karma.  If I ever have felt the need to break up with someone, I've always been woman enough to have the difficult & sometimes awkward conversation.  I've always tried to leave them without unanswered questions and with dignity.  Sometimes people just don't work out. It's ok... but it's not ok to be apart of someone's life and allow them to take part in yours, then disappear... 

    I will let you know how this endeavor goes. Maybe if people suck it up and learn how to break it off with someone, there will be less broken hearts and more closure.  The problem is, a lot of times it's a security issue with folks who do this. They think if something is left "unfinished" they can always go back... and if not, well, they're not dealing with that person anymore, so it doesn't matter. It's a sad world we live in when someone you cared so much about one day, disregards you the next.  I don't know if anyone would read my book-- but at least I took a stand on it... 

Favorite Gripe:  Mob Wives Reunion


   After an explosive season of Mob Wives, this reunion had me laughing so much! It was absolutely ridiculous! Every other word was *bleeped*.  Everyone seems to be ganging up on Natalie Guercio (the broad in the gold w/no shirt on, on the end...) That's pretty much the end of it. I hope the 2nd part will be more intelligible, lol! 

Favorite Show:  Pretty Little Liars... 1 more episode until THE FINAL A Reveal!!!  


    I have my girls come over every Tuesday night for this! And on March 24th, we will KNOW who the real "A" really is! Well, at least that's what they're telling us.  We'll see what truly happens.  It's going to be #EPIC! This girls know how to do mystery w/style, and we are on edge & picking each other's brains trying to deduce who we think "A" is.  It's so exciting to do this, and even more exciting to have a excuse to eat great food, drink wine & spend time with the girls! 

This blog is long enough, although I have so much more to say! Take care & let me know what's up! 

XO,
  Tiffani






No comments:

Post a Comment