Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

         Welcome to the new Year, folks! This is going to be short & sweet, because I sprained my wrist, and don't have the staying power, right now, to write out a huge long blog. Also, I have a few topics to talk about. I hope all you guys enjoyed the holidays! Here's what I'm digging, lately... 

Favorite Album:  Ariana Grande Break Free 2014

   
    So, I'm kind of hating right now. I don't want to love this CD, but I do!  I don't particularly care for Ariana Grande as a person, because from what I've seen & heard of her, she's quite a little brat, a diva, and a liar.  She's always claiming that her "Diva" behaviors aren't true, but you always see pictorial evidence to the contrary... BUT, her CD is really good.  I see why people say she's like "Mariah Carey". I don't believe her voice is like Mariah's, but I do believe she has the same feel to a lot of her songs, my favorite being her collaboration with artist The Weeknd, Love Me Harder.  Check it out!

Favorite Book:  

27:  A History of the 27 Club Through the Lives of Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse


   I'm so excited to start this book!  I've always been interested in the tragic phenomenon, which is what they call "The 27 Club".... If you've never heard of the 27 Club, it's what they call a group of extremely talented artists, who all had the misfortune of dying at age 27yrs old.  I haven't read everyone in this book, but I can safely say that most, if not all, of these artists severely used drugs & alcohol, and that is how they met their untimely fates.  I know a little bit about all of them, except Brian Jones. I'm looking forward to reading this!

Favorite Buy (Sorta): Dana Buchman Preston Shooties
     I say "Sorta buy", because I used my Kohl's Cash (gotta love Kohl's Cash!!) to purchase these cute little shooties! I have another pair of black boots, but they cut me off mid-calve, and they look a bit silly when I'm wearing them w/Leggings, or something above the knee. So- I wanted to opt for ones that were ankle length. My other ones also have a heel on them that end up having my feet burning by the end of the day, so I wanted something that was a bit more functional for day-to-day.  These Shooties by Dana Buchman are just the thing I needed!  They are super-comfortable, give me good height & are actually a little more "feminine" looking at the toe than the picture would suggest.  They retail (normally) at $69.99, but I got mine for $35.99 & a sweater, w/my Kohl's Cash... So basically they were no strain on my feet or my wallet!  

Favorite Show:  Mob Wives (New Season)


      Hello, folks, it's time to meet "Rat-ahlie!"  Mob Wives is getting super-juicy, now that Drita has knowledge about Nathalie Guerico's ratty past! The streets are talking, and they say Nathalie is a cop-caller! She had a fight w/an ex & because they were having problems, she called his probation officer... interesting...

      I find Renee, at times, to be a bit High School-ish.  Last night, Big Ang brought Victoria Gotti in to help settle a dispute between she & Renee, and Renee lost her cool because she came to lunch.  If you know Mob history, you know that John Gotti (Victoria's father) died in prison, while Sammy "The Bull" Gravano (Karen's dad) turned state's evidence & is still doing time.  Sammy ratted out Gotti & a slew of other folks, so of course, there is potential for heads to roll if Karen knows that Renee associated w/Victoria.  At the end of the day, Karen takes the high road, and it makes Renee look like an idiot. She was running to tell Karen that she showed up, and in typical Renee fashion, was overly dramatic about nothing.  Karen told her it was no big deal, she has no beef w/the Gottis, and they were both in the same situation.  I wonder how close Renee is to the lifestyle, because she still acts like she's in the thick of it all... She sounds like a wannabe, to me. Not that the Graziano name isn't affiliated, but it just seems that her mob ties have tapered off, now that everyone is getting older & locked up, so now she's grasping at straws to revive a lifestyle that [for her] died awhile ago.  It's not the same as when she grew up, or else she'd be talking about her current situations more than "in the past"... I think Renee needs to realize it's 2015, now...

    Next week's episode is going to be awesome! There's new beef between Renee & Big Ang (Angela)... Apparently, Renee's ex-husband, Junior Pagan, was busted doing a robbery with Big Ang's cousin.  Because Junior turned State's Evidence, Ang's cousin could be getting life for a murder that Pagan committed, just because he decided to rat him out, instead of abiding by the code of the streets!

   

Favorite Crush:  Leati Joseph "Joe" Anoa'i.... aka  Roman Reigns! 


   Why are all the good ones taken???? Ok, ok... I know it's not like we'd actually be together, but WWE Superstar, Roman Reigns, is my Man Crush for this week!  He's got a lot of what I like. Amazing arms, amazing eyes, a good wide mouth & a  strong nose! Formerly a football player for the Minnesota Viking & Jacksonville Jaguars, Roman debuted his wrestling career in 2010.  Roman is a Samoan/Italian that has so much swag (I know, it's 2015-- but I don't know what the new word is for Swag...lol).  His signature move is The Superman Punch, which he doles out handily to anyone who pisses him off! I love watching him in action!

   More importantly, I loved his PSA (above) for Fatherhood.com, where he & his daughter Joelle are so cute! I think it's so important for guys to hang out w/their kids & do what they can to make sure they have a father who cares & loves them! His wife is a lucky lady!

Favorite Other Crush:  


Tyler Lepley of  tv show The Haves & Have Nots



   I first saw Tyler Lepley on Tyler Perry's The Haves and Have Nots! It's not a show that I continue to watch, but I was instantly attracted to him! Then, I saw him on an episode of The Real & swooned about how down to earth & humble he was.  The funny thing is, you can tell he's also a bit nerdy. Who doesn't love that?  Listening to him talk about his family & how his parents are still married and in love is so endearing.  I don't know that I'll pick back up on the Haves & Have Nots (I don't particularly care for the acting & dialogue, in the series.  It seems like a poorly made drama.  I think TP should stick to plays & movies...) But I wish Lepley the best & hope to see him in more in the future! 


   Well, that's it!! Everyone have a great weekend & Please comment below! :) 

XOXO,
   Tiffani



















No comments:

Post a Comment