Saturday, July 12, 2014

You Must Be At Least "This Thick..."

 I really REALLY wanted to post my blog yesterday, but if you knew the hectic day I had, you would realize why I had to hold off. I actually did most of my blog throughout the week & still didn't have enough time to get it out on Friday... but Who cares? I make the rules anyway, right? ha ha Here's what I've been thinking about this week:

Favorite Topic:  "You Must At Least Be This Thick..."









   Can I just say, I will ALWAYS be a curvy lady... Right now, I currently have more curves than I should or want, but at the end of the day, I think it is about time that "Plus-sized models" actually look like  plus-sized models!!  It sucks to have to be plus-sized in the first place, when you want to be smaller... but while I'm here & working on it (again...*sigh*) Can I just see a swimsuit on a thicker girl??? I'm soooo  tired of looking for clothes, and all the models are size 6 or 8 models pretending to be big girls... honey, please... If you're not at least ^^^ THIS BIG (see above pics)^^^  please don't model for plus sizes! I know it sucks to be an "average" sized model in the modeling industry.

Nigel: Not since two became new four and zero became the new two. 

Andy Sachs: Well, I'm a six..


Nigel: Which is the new fourteen. 


- Devil Wears Prada

... But still, the consumer (me, for now) does NOT want to see a thin model posing as a thicker woman.  I mean, on one website, I actually saw a "Plus Sized Model" (I say that very loosely) with a thigh-gap!! A FREAKIN' THIGH-GAP!!! You know what I'm talking about, when a woman stands with her knees together & there's a space between her thighs? Some are really small & some are longer like the picture below... but a "Plus Sized" model should NEVER have a thigh gap.... Seriously!
 (See Below)



      There's nothing wrong w/the skinny model (above)-- but everyone has their place in this world... That would be like me posing for a maternity magazine & not actually being pregnant... but you have me modeling clothes for pregnant women...SMH...It's not realistic for us to see clothes that are "made for us" on thin models.  The women above are all beautiful, in my eyes! No, they're not a size 2, 4, or 6, but they're working these swimsuits, aren't they?! And reality is, most of these women (above) are still thinner or shapelier than a lot of us, anyway! Then, for advertisements that use photoshop, they clean up the things that most of us are gonna see, when we try on the swimsuit... And speaking of photoshop, if they have thin models wearing "Plus sized fashions, can't they photoshop them to look bigger??? I'm trying to be real, here.


Favorite Breaking News:  Welp, It's a wrap for Apollo Nida


   A few years ago, I might have been a little sad to see Apollo Nida go back to Prison, and although I'm not particularly happy when people go to prison, we all know he deserves it.  Apparently, Apollo had been forging checks and defrauding people's retirement monies. It's disgusting that with as much "wealth" as he tried to claim he had, that so much of it was stolen. And I don't care who you are, but I think you're an idiot if you don't think Phaedra knew about it... That's probably why she salsa-ed her way all the to Mexico right before he went away.  She's not trying to be close to him, whatsoever.  It's a shame when someone as attractive and charming (at times) as Apollo can be a total waste of a good body!  I actually used to have a crush on him, until he started opening his big mouth. I'm pretty sure he'll have a hard time for singin' like a canary.   He gave up information, in order for a lighter sentence (yes, 8yrs is light compared to the 30 he was looking at)... They don't like snitches... Guess we'll see him in 8yrs... 

Favorite Video :  Proof That The Ice Cream Truck Does Bring Joy!



   Seriously... I cannot watch this just once!  This little video of the guy dancing to the Ice Cream Truck Music has become an anthem in my office & on my social media pages! It's proof that the Ice Cream Truck does bring joy! lol

Favorite Artist:  Tynisha Keli 


    If Britney Spears could really sing, she'd  probably sound like Tynisha Keli... I've never denied actually being a Britney fan, but as a lover of music, I've always said there are "Singers" and there are "Performers" And there are both...Musicians can be one or the other, but not all musicians can be both.  This New Bedford, Massachuesetts native has really entertained me this week! Enjoy!

Favorite Book:    Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


    I own this movie, and finally got around to reading the book.  Both were really great! I enjoyed walking with Elizabeth Gilbert through her journey to find the balance between devotion & pleasure.  I wish it would say how things ended with her and her final love, but it doesn't... It just kind of leaves off on a fairytale-like thought.  Although my personal beliefs don't align with her beliefs 100% I appreciate that she was able to find some kind of solace and centering in her life.  I always enjoy autobiographical books about culture, passion, and journeys through life.  It  has 109 chapters, but it's generally a quick read!

  Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend! Let me know what books you're reading, what you're doing this summer & what new things fascinate you in the comments below or on my Facebook page! 

-XX
  Tiffani


2 comments:

  1. I just read "The Interestings" and I loved it!!! Big book but you just keep reading it!

    Also, Apollo...shame, shame, shame.

    ReplyDelete