Friday, April 4, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

  This week has been great... Long, but great! We've had a few rainy days, but there also have been some that make you feel so good in your shoes! So, guess what I've been doing? 

Favorite Pasttime:  Apartment Adventures! 


   So, I found a place to live! I'm hoping that all the background checks pan out, but I'm really excited that I'll be able to move in at the end of May (hopefully).  I've never lived in a legitimate "apartment complex", before, so I'm really excited about the upgrades.  Above is the place (which I'm not letting people know the exact name, for privacy)-- but it's awesome! I'll be upstairs, have my own balcony, vaulted ceilings, alarm system... The works!  I'm so excited, that I'm going to use my tax return to fully support all things required for this move. New furniture, deposits, paying off the folks where I live now...etc. And the task would've been a lot less fun & a lot more tedious, if I didn't have my good friend, Des by my side! This girl is AMAZING!  We had so many laughs & good times during this apartment hunt.  The first day we went out, it was nice, but a bit chilly... the second time it was all kinds of bad weather! It rained heavily, snowed, sleeted, and she was right there making me laugh & trekking along like it was no big deal. Most friends might leave you hanging once, but my buddy went with me twice AND in horrid weather.  I'm moving out alone, so there was absolutely NOTHING in this for her. That's when you know you've got great friends.

(Destiny)
   
Favorite Show:  The Mindy Project Returns!! 

(The Mindy Project)

   I was devastated when, after only 3 or 4 episodes, The Mindy Project was ripped from my life, last season.  I have NO idea why this was the case. But we were put in "Mindy Purgatory" until April 1st.  When it did return, we were surprised with a FULL HOUR of Mindy Kaling! Sources say that next week's episode will also be a full hour long... Not only that, they've been 2 episodes, for the hour, instead of just one. This clearly has "Network" or "Writer's Strike" or something sketchy written all over it, and the people who are paying the consequences, are the viewers.  The first two episodes were great, though, and I'm looking forward to an uninterrupted new season! 

Favorite Snooze:  Real Housewives of New York

   I Cannot even tell you how bored I am with this season.  The show has been off for several seasons, and when you come back, THIS is what you bring us?? 56 episodes of Carol & Aviva arguing about 'whether or not each other used a Ghostwriter for their books???' Really, girls? SNORE... The only reason why I continue to watch, is to see the scene when Aviva's leg is laying somewhere during a fight, and it hasn't happened yet... Other than that...Zzzzzzz.

Favorite New Show:  Online Dating Rituals of the American Male


  I caught this at the end of the season... but GEEZ, it's so gripping!  I've online dated before, but none of it seems this carefree & easy, for me.  For me, it's not a fun or comfortable experience, but I don't rule it out, all together.  I can say that some of these guys have been set up for some doozies!  From what I've seen, and my personal experiences, I think guys are the ones that have the short end of the stick for this one. There have been some major bombs & grenades on these dates.  Girls who are LIARS, women who are rude, women who show up drunk, women who have been complete spazzes or brain dead, those who have been overly flirty and "putting on a show" for the guy. It's kind of sad. The show is intriguing... Of course, all this proves is that women are more upfront about their CRAZY, lol.  What you see is what you get, and it's subject to change... For me, a man's LIES have come out after we're already in a relationship, etc.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

There was one guy, Grant, that I felt sorry for.  He was really hot, seemed to have a great personality, young, wanted a family, to be married, a DOCTOR... and totally in love with the girl next to him in this picture.  The only problem is, the girl is his "roommate's girlfriend" (Tatiana or  "Tati").  They all live together for companionship, but it's clear that she's a major flirt with him, and he's head over heels, desperately in love with her
(Grant)


  Not only that, but she's "helping" him not get a wife, by c-blocking him from potential girls.  He said things like, "He's jealous of his roommate... Tati is gorgeous...she's smart... he's looking for a girl just like her, because she's taken... (someone please cue Adele's "Someone Like You"...)  Apparently, Tatiana & Grant met in another country on some kind of mission trip... but when they came back, he eventually moved in with her & her boyfriend, Damien.  So, clearly there should be some allegiance, since you're living in the man's house... but it really makes me wonder how far Grant & Tatiana have gone behind his back.  The saddest part is, she was actively making his new date (a pretty blonde lady who would've been great for him) uncomfortable by asking all kinds of inappropriate questions. Apparently, Tati "didn't like her" so much that it made her put up high guards. Good luck trying to find love, being in love with a woman who is willing to toy with you... 

That's it for now! See you next time! 
Ciao! 






No comments:

Post a Comment