Friday, March 28, 2014

Feeling Very Irish Today...

  I'm stuffed... We had an "Irish"/European food lunch at work today, and I swear we might've all been able to be rolled on our sides like sets of plump bald tires! As always, it's been a busy week, but these are the things I found amusing...

Favorite Dish:  Shepherd's Pie or Cottage Pie

    I've officially decided that I need to be one of those people who only bring chips, drinks, or ice to a work function.  I'd like to be, because last night, I spent $50 buying ingredients for a work function!! It's way too much! But it's just how I am... Soda, chips, salad is just too plain for me... I don't have a family of my own, yet-- so cooking a great meal is always a bit of a treat for me. It just becomes less of a treat if I have to break the bank to do it.  Anywho- I made this meal, and don't tell my mama... but it's BETTER than her's LOL. Everyone who tried it loved it... and although I'm glad that was the case (since it was my first time making it), I'm going to need to find more inexpensive dishes to do for pot lucks. Geez!

Favorite Nuisance:  Facebook Over-sharers


    I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that some folks really just don't have limitations to what they share on Facebook... Recently, I had to deal with the fact that my best friend's extended family-in-law had written some pretty irritating things on her Facebook page. For one, they were entirely inaccurate.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone does something so public, but fails to provide all the information.   In this instance, I'm sure that one of the issues is that the woman didn't have all of the information, or else she probably would've kept her mouth shut.  I just don't get how some people can air their dirty laundry, as well as the skivvy drawers of other's all over Facebook.  For one, it never puts you in a good light. It makes you seem real dysfunctional... Facebook Beef, Twatting on Twitter... I'm embarrassed that I even know (although never participate) in that kind of behavior.  What happens is that people see your life as a Reality Show. They're looking for the drama, even though it's none of their business & forming opinions. That's not the kind of relationship I want to have with the public.


Favorite Album:  Sheryl Crow  (Soak Up the Sun)

  I had a moment. I went back to my High School years and remember how much I loved this music. I'm not a huge Sheryl Crow fan, but I definitely get into her groove every now and again... This is one of my favs!


Favorite Annoyance:  Porsha & Kenya  Feud on RHOA


   Ugh... I can't stand Porsha!!  She's lame. She sounds like she's still in High School.  Women who have lived life can still have opinions on marriage, whether or not they've been married. I can't stand it when married women (especially with w/bad relationships) always claim single women are "Jealous" of them. It's not always true. Sometimes, we just didn't/won't put up with the same BS that you settled for. And how dare she try to imply that she being married means she's got one up on anyone else who isn't? At the end of the day, you can marry any bum just to get a ring.

    Being married has no bearing on how much work you need to do on yourself as a person. How about she look inwardly, and work on the fact that she was looking for another daddy & someone that was going to treat her like a child. How about she realize that if it weren't for her "good looks" (which are subjective, in my opinion) she's basically done nothing with her life. We're the same age-- and for you to head the legacy of your father's non-profit, you really need to know about the Underground Railroad & civil rights!! So how dare she say that being married is some kind of implication of a woman's worthiness, as some kind of reward for being "good enough". I know she might have meant it strictly about Kenya-- but she is exhibiting the mentality of a lot of dingbats that I know, that think they're better than single women, because they got married first.  Like I said, anyone can marry a dingbat. Anyone can settle for poor treatment or being told what to do by just anyone. Too many can be bought off-- which is what I think Porsha's case was...

    As for the "beard" comments, Porsha insinuated that HERSELF at that dinner we saw on RHOA. I think, because Kenya called it out, disregarding the subtly Porsha used, that's when she had a problem. Porsha just doesn't admit that's what she signed up for. I'm not a fan of Kenya by any means, but Porsha knows she was trying to imply he's gay-- even from the beginning episodes. She needs to go sit down somewhere.  If you would like to read the entire article & see the video, check it out here


Gotta make this a quickie! I've got somewhere to be tonight! Toodleloo! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment