Friday, January 24, 2014

Sunday... It's Going Down!!

   Another Week, Another Blog... Well, thanks to all of you who prayed for me to get over the Flu. I think it helped (along with the Dayquil/Nyquil SEVERE that I was taking religiously, lol).  I've noticed a few things this week... and here they are: 

Favorite Crush: Sexy Laz Alonso (again... lol)


     
    Ok, so I can never get enough of sexy Laz Alonso! From what I've seen, he's kind of my ideal guy, except for his voice... His voice is kinda nerdy, lol, but that only adds another reason why he'd be my "ideal guy".  I love when there's something a little geeky or nerdy about a guy this handsome.  It makes them more relatable, lol.  This picture came across when I was posting a comparison between what the dating site commercials advertise & who you actually find on dating sites (i.e. James Brown's mugshot, lol).  It went over really well... but I love this picture & decided to feature it. He is so caliente! 

Favorite Thought:  Wolves in Sheep's Clothes... 

   
    I laughed so hard when I saw this... I can't not even begin to express the magnitude to which this happened to me this past year.  One thing I cannot stand is a liar, and I came across the biggest one I've ever met... pathological, in fact.  I've had issues with being lied to in the past, but nothing like this. In the past, it's been more lies of omission (still lies, indeed) but no one (until recently) had ever made up an entire identity and persona that was completely inaccurate.  I just have to shake my head and gawk at how unreal some folks can be. But in that sense, it's also another opportunity for me to thank God that I'm at peace with myself... Sure, I need to lose weight, sure I have issues like everyone else, sure I get hurt, too... but at the end of the day, I claim it all.  I own up to it, and I actually love who I am. What you see is what you get... There's no fake persona that I pretend to be on Facebook. I don't hide behind my computer and make up things to post online, in order to gain attention or get a reaction. It's sad. I never knew there are grown folks who actually do that, lol.  It's a shame. But I'm glad I can spot it & choose to rid my life of the wolves in sheep's clothes. I refuse to knowingly live a nightmare!

Favorite Future Event:  Sean Lowe & Catherine Giudici's Wedding!

     I'm so excited for these two! They're getting married this SUNDAY, January 26, 2014! I'm always skeptical when it comes to "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" hook ups... The status quo seems to be that the "couples" break up.  But these two seemed to have stayed the test of time. With the foundation they're building, they'll have a great chance. Part of me is still a little skeptical, because the cameras & fanfare never really died down... but hey, Trista & Ryan seem to be doing pretty well, as well as Ashley & JP... So, I guess it can work & it can be real.  I just think the true test will be when no one cares who they are, anymore.  I wish them nothing but the best.  And I hope this lovely picture will just be one of many in their marriage. I like how they took an entire year to be "normal"- to an extent- and get to know each other. I think they'll be in it for the long haul...  I love the fact that they seemed to have bamboozled us (in true Bachelor/ette fashion) by having a deeper relationship than what was shown to us on camera. He pulled Catherine out of his back pocket, near the end.  Now, we'll see how everything goes down Sunday! What a great love story!! 

Favorite Annoyance: Opportunists... 


    Ok, so this is a cute picture to illustrate my major annoyance this week.  This is actually funny... but the truth is, I've been sooooo annoyed by the "opportunists" that have been lurking online.  Just because we become friends on Facebook does not mean that I'm a perspective new "client" for your Avon or Mary Kay business... We were friends in High School, and we barely talked then... So, I find it a bit odd that you are so eager to "get together" with me, all the sudden... and are shoving your information in my inbox.  I understand you're trying to build your business, but when I actually have known you forever, it kind of sucks when I smell a sales pitch coming on in our first correspondence in 15yrs.  It just isn't genuine, and it's kind of insulting... If you were smoother, you'd have a little more finesse about it. Because basically, what I feel you're saying is "I don't have time for you, unless you're buying products from me..." I'll pass on your business deal, since you're passing on my friendship, thanks...

Favorite Show:  The Office

 
         When this premiered in 2006, I thought it was the absolute dumbest show on television... I couldn't get into the "humor" of the one or two episodes that I had seen... But, I had a revelation... and I'm a woman, I can change my mind (he he).  The revelation came when I realized exactly how realistic the characters were... Sure, there is a lot of satire & exaggeration... but in general, EVERYONE has worked with some of these characters!! The office jokester, the brown noser, the uptight person, the person who's clearly just working for the money & nothing else,  the boss/supervisor that wants to be "everyone's friend" and just wants to be "one of the guys"... We've all worked with these guys! So, after I realized that the characters were the entity of characters that we've all worked with, it automatically became really funny to me! Right now, I'm watching the series. I've already purchased Seasons 1-5 (Thanks to Amazon)-- along with the episodes I DVR every night.

Welp, Everyone has left the building... So, maybe I should leave too! See you next week!  
-XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Funny post. I to just experienced the worse type of life lier and I fell for it. It's sucks that it makes us not trust . Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lexie! Hope you're doing well! It's been awhile :)

    ReplyDelete