Friday, June 28, 2013

Be Careful What You Do...

  This has been a pretty awesome week, despite some disturbing news I received today.  But it just goes to show that you never really know what kinds of demons people deal with.  As much as you'd like to judge the person, you have to judge the actions, and not the person who needs deliverance. None of us are exempt from doing despicable things. It's only by the grace of God that we are able to determine right from wrong... moral from immoral.  Some of us aren't that fortunate. But aside from that, there were mostly good things that happened in my life this week:

Favorite Meme:

   I thought this was hilarious, when put into the simplest of terms, lol.  At the end of the day, I know I crave a balanced guy.  A guy that knows how to be serious & hilarious. A guy who knows how to take care of business & protect the family- but also, who knows how to cut loose and make you bust a gut laughing.  I loved seeing this Meme.

Favorite Opportunity:  Being a part of Bryn's  Party


     I'm so excited for this weekend! Above is one of my favorite pictures of my friend Christina & her daughter, Bryn.  Bryn is a fighter & a tough little cookie. She & her twin brother, Everett, light up my life :) It's been a year since I've seen them, and I'm so excited to be able to spend some time with them, for a special occasion this upcoming weekend/week.  Their family means a lot to me, and its the little moments you have with them that count! So excited. 

Favorite Countdown:  12 days until I see Bruno Mars!


    I've been waiting for this moment for MONTHS and it's almost here!  I'm so excited that I'll be able to go see such a talented artist.  I believe in putting events in your life that you can look forward to. At the end of the day, it's not the money you have, the clothes you wear (as much as I love fashion, lol) it's the experiences that make life memorable.  No one ever says, "Hey, remember that time I bought that shirt..." without some kind of memorable event to follow or funny anecdote. I'm excited to make this concert as reality. I sure hope it doesn't disappoint! I know we got awesome seats! 

Favorite Lesson:  Oh, Be Careful What You Do...


    I wrote about this on Facebook, but it was just a fact that hit home for me. This is my best friend, Judy's daughter, Cayla. I've been in Cayla's life since she was born. Now that she's 2yrs old, and she's coming into her own personality, I've noticed that she copies EVERYTHING, probably more than most kids. I call her my little Mocking Bird :) It was her big sister Carlee's party this past weekend, and I was helping her mom get ready for the party.  I started vacuuming the floor, and after a few minutes, I turned around and there was Cayla, with her toy vacuum cleaner, pretending to vacuum, just like me.  She was no where around, when I started vacuuming.  If that wasn't cute enough, when I was done vacuuming, I put the vacuum on the wall. 5minutes later, I saw her put her little toy vacuum on the wall, right next to mine.  It touched my heart, but also made me realize how much little ones really do notice.  Something as mundane as 'vacuuming a floor', is something they notice. Judy made me laugh by saying that, that since then, Cayla has now started "vacuuming" when she does, now that she sees how cool it was when I did it... All she needed was for me to make it "cool". I told her I wasn't coming over to wash her dishes, lol.  But that little incident was a reminder that we really are under scrutiny by the children in our lives.  Even if you do not have children (like me), but you have friends who have children that you're around a lot, you need to make sure that your language, actions, and intentions are obvious to the children, and should at least match the parents'.  No, you're not raising their children, but it's your responsibility to be a good example.  And if for some reason you fail to be that good example, there's no harm in saying "you're sorry" and admitting you were wrong, even to a child.  It shows character, and also that adults aren't always perfect, either.  

Favorite Song:  Loving Me 4 Me

    This song came on my Pandora today, and it was the first time I saw it. I was really feeling the smooth vibe. And the lyrics are pretty cool, too. Who wouldn't that? lol I probably need to get this CD, because I was in love with "FIGHTER" from this, as well, and run to it almost daily.  I know this isn't new, but I'm loving that it isn't like all the other stuff we're hearing right now. It's got an ol' skool R&B slow grind vibe, that's pretty soothing. Check it out! 



      Anyway- I need to get more work done, but I just thought I'd roll out a blog really quickly, while I needed a break from work. It's been a wild & crazy week, but it's also been pretty fulfilling.  It promises to be an even wilder weekend! 

Take Care! And let me know what you're up to! No one ever does! lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment