Monday, June 17, 2013

Makes Me Feel All Warm Inside... Like Red Hots!

   So, First of all... I have to apologize to my dear friend, Danelia, for skipping my blog for Friday.  It was so nice to be missed, though! I actually just love to write. I always have, since I was a little girl, so I sometimes forget that other people actually read this! ha ha.  It was such a flattering feeling that she was looking forward to it.  So- I promised to do it today- and here's what I've got... 

Favorite Friend: Nyquil Night Time

   
   So, I have been having a diet of mostly Cherry Nyquil, Chicken Noodle Soup & various flavors of Cough Drops over the last week, lol. I have concluded that it must be my allergies, again.  And I'm proud to say that the worst of it is over.  What's a little stuffy nose when your throat isn't hurting anymore?  It almost never fails, but I pretty much always need someone to tell me to get meds. I'll be the first one to take care of someone else, but when it comes to myself-  I'm like "Oh, yeah... they make medicine for me, too lol"  SMH... So I took my happy butt to the store & bought some of this yummy Nyquil... and the first thing I said after I took it was "MMmm, It makes me feel all warm inside like Red Hots!" That's some goooood medicine, boy... lol.  

Favorite Moment:  My Realization... 


      As many of you know 2011 & 2012 have proved to be the hardest & darkest times of my life.  But it was recently that I realized that I really am seeing the light at the end of that, now.  No- things aren't perfect and there were some casualties in the process, but things are a lot better than they were.   There's something about having your dreams dashed & thwarted, then compiled with family drama, deaths, & material losses that can send you into a tailspin & almost destroy you.  But it's been with God's love & comforting, that many of my wounds have healed. I thank God for getting me through, sometimes dragging, pulling, & carrying me...but getting me through, nonetheless.

Favorite Blessing:  Long-time Friends

 
    As much as I love my family, they haven't always been there to help me through my roughest times.  Even so, there is a 'Family' that you can choose that (if chosen correctly) can be the best thing to ever happen. I am lucky to have a few of those friends in my life. Today is my girl, Autumn's birthday. We've been friends since the 7th grade (19yrs).  I still feel too young to have had anything THAT long, lol. But today is her birthday, and it just got me thinking about how much we went through & how much fun we had... from making up Alcohol "Nick-Names" when we were too young to drink, to wearing the same overalls to the 8th grade dance... and crushing on Tevin Campbell & Larenz Tate, lol. And then My friend, Judy, who we've really grown up & been there for each other. She was a pivotal part in me not completely falling to dust, when my life fell apart for awhile... On top of that, friends like that include you in their families like you were born into them.  I've been able to celebrate the birth of my friend's graduations, marriages, birth of children, birthdays, holidays...etc. There's just nothing like being able to have friends to experience your life with. There will always be friends that are in your life or a season, but when you find the few that stick through them all, those are the ones that really impact your life.

Favorite Song: Fine China by Chris Brown


   So, this song has been in heavy rotation on my playlist, especially when I'm running.  It's got the playful quality of Michael Jackson's "Leave Me Alone", but the smoothness of New Edition, with a hint of a 1980's work-out montage, where someone is "getting in shape" for a big performance.  Regardless of what you think about Chris Brown's personal life- he is quite the performer.  The music video is fun & thought provoking. I'm glad he did such a unique bit- that doesn't fall into the "Club Banger" music, that is so popular right now.  And He also did another thing that hasn't been done in awhile-- he made a video that told a story. Good job, Chris... and thanks for the awesome running music!


Well- this being Monday, and me being sick hasn't allotted for me to have too much "NEW" going on... but I can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds... 

XOXO,

  Tiffani

No comments:

Post a Comment