Thursday, March 28, 2013

Early...


In Memory of Melissa Petkewitz Mullins

        
 This has been a trying week... but I didn't want to post anything before I recognized a loving friend, wife & mother.  A friend of mine from High School passed away last Sunday, due to Pancreatic Cancer.  It's been bittersweet, because I know that Missy is in heaven with our Lord. I know that Missy isn't in pain... and I know that she would want people to celebrate her life.  Many have come together to do just that, but it also doesn't negate the fact that so many of us will miss her spirit & liveliness  Even though I hadn't seen her in years, I know that she had a huge impact on many people. We love and miss you, Melissa! I hope you all will continue to send up prayers for her family-- Husband, Robbie & two children Aubrey & Austin.  


   Being that this is Thursday, we're going to have spin the blog Early Bird Style! So check out some of the things I've collected this week! 


Favorite Picture:  Grown Up Jurnee Smollett-Bell


   I remember Jurnee Smollett, from when she was a child actor, mostly in television.  She played supporting roles in Full House, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper & On Our Own and in movies such as, Eve's Bayou, Gridiron Gang, and her newest movie-- Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor. You may have also seen her on the current Proactive commercial.  I used to adore her cute little dimples & spunky personality! I knew she'd grow into a beautiful person-- and she has! I love this recent photo of her on the beach! It's so serene & different. She's sexy without being too "Obvious" about it. Love her! 

Favorite Opp:  Jewelry For Sale with Chloe & Isabel!!! 


  My favorite Fashion Blogger, Anna James,  has recently become a merchandiser with this awesome new jewelry company,Chloe + Isabel .  Right now, she's holding event parties online! I love the concept of Online parties!  As much as I love jewelry-- I loathe any type of Direct Sales shop party- Mary Kay, Longaberger, Pure Romance, Scentsy, Silpada, etc- Not a fan.  If you're having a sale, don't try disguise it like it's a "party"! Pet peeve of mine, I guess, I dunno, lol.  But I love the idea of holding an online shop.  That way people can browse & not feel pressured to buy anything at that exact moment-- and it's not a one-time deal. They can revisit the sale over & over again! And if you want to become a merchandiser, you can do that too-- without having to listen to a gimmicky sales rep trying to sell you the business along w/your merchandise.  So if you have a minute, check out Anna's shop!

Favorite Song:  "When Love Goes Well" by Michael Rossback



    One thing that I like to do, is put music into sub-categories, in my mind.  I find that it helps me fit music to my mood or atmosphere, so that it is used to it's maximum potential.  This song "When Love Goes Well" by Michael Rossback was featured in the pilot episode of one of my favorite shows, Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family Channel.  This song, I've mentally listed in my "Coffee House Music" category.  I can just imagine sitting in a coffee house with a huge mug of something, curled up on a couch  in a big sweater and enjoying the mellow laid-back sensations of Michael Rossback. I really enjoyed this song! 

Favorite Crush: Derek Hough of Dancing with the Stars


   OOoh wee- Sexy Derek Hough!! Ok, so normally I don't go for the blonde hair blue-eyed look... Normally, ... However, Derek is still super hot to me! I wish that us women could band together & really act like we love guys who know how to do sexy things like Ball Room dancing... Maybe men would start taking that up, to impress girls, instead of  the mind games & other things they think impress us... (wishful thinking)... I really love Derek Hough & Kellie Pickler's performances so far on Dancing With The Stars. His body is exactly the build I love. Tone & lean- but not too bulky muscles. I really admire his dance talent, Showmanship execution, and his personality is awesome! This is my first season watching DWTS- and I'm really enjoying this hot-stepper!

Favorite Song Part II: "I Am A Bajan" by Rupee



   One of the things I love about my family- is that we're of Caribbean decent! Hometown of Rihanna (St. Michael)-- My dad is from Barbados (my mom's side is from Jamaica).  I thank them for my golden skin & Island girl features.  My sister found this song on Youtube, and I really love it!  It reminded me of all the things about the Island I love.  My dad is always talking about a lot of the things mentioned in the song, as well.  So big shout out to St. George & St. Michael, Barbados!


  Well, Everyone! Have a great Easter Celebration, Spring Break & time off!  And remember... 

Favorite Laugh of the Week:  



3 comments:

  1. Aw Nay that was perfect. Thank you! And umm I'm dying over that ring! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marti! I bought the Owl eyed ring! I'll feature it when I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture is the best! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete