Friday, January 11, 2013

Do YOU want to live ViCarrie-ously?

What a Fast week!  I can't believe it's already Friday!  Well, let me tell you, it's been one long week for me!  I'm glad to let my hair down & get my weekend started!  To celebrate the kick off of this week, let me show you what's been on my mind!

Favorite New Show:  Vanderpump Rules


    First of all, I'd like to say, that the segue from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills & Vanderpump Rules was absolutely SICK!  I loved how it's just a subtle change in music & scenery, and BOOM! You're watching Vanderpump Rules.  I actually liked this show more than I thought.  As much as I love Lisa Vanderpump, I wasn't sure about how a show about a restaurant would do.  But between the gorgeous waitresses all having to be a size 2 or smaller in order to wear Sur uniforms...  The surly attitude of Ms. Stassi, the scandal of Scheana's affair with Eddie Cibrian, and the entire staff sleeping with each other, this show is seething with the drama we love.  Can't see how the rest of the season unfolds, but so far, this show has lit the trail a-blaze!


Favorite Giggle:  Kittens, Inspired by Kittens...

   This is the dumbest video ever... but the more you watch it, the funnier it gets, lol. It's especially great to watch if you are deliously sleepy... or high... whichever, lol.  Enough about that...

Favorite Returning Show:  The Bachelor


   
     So, I'm excited to choose this as my favorite new returning show!  Last season, after the racial controversy on the show, I wasn't sure if I'd be watching The Bachelor this season.  I'm happy to report that there is a substantial integration of more races this season.  There are a few Latinas, Asians & Black women on the show! Finally, some variety!  I don't really see Sean ending up with any of them or them going very far-- but it's nice to see them have a chance to try, right?  Thank you to the folks at The Bachelor for taking minority concerns [about the show] to heart.  Aside from that-- did you see the TRAINWRECK already?  Seriously, I loved Fifty Shades of Grey, but that Ashley chick was OOC about it! Really?  And Robin, who did a back walk-over & fell flat on her face?  And What about Tierra getting the rose asap... Can't wait to see the rest of the season unfold!!

Favorite Mixed Emotion:  Django: Unchained


   So, I was really pumped to see this movie.  I love a star-packed movie.  I heard it was really good, and suprisingly funny.  I'll have to be the judge of that.  And frankly, even though it is about slavery, I was ok with a little humor in it.  You're talking to a girl who finds parts of the Color Purple & Roots, funny... and had a running joke about Frederick Douglass rapping at the Underground Railroad Freedom Center... I'm not afraid of a crass joke... BUT... with that said... I really can't get down with them having Django action figures... For what?  Are children supposed to really "play" with these?  Are they collectors' items?  I'm not sure, but whichever, its quite disturbing.  Although I can find the humor in sometimes the most horrid things, it really only goes so far. And slavery was truly not a thing to be commercialized in such a way.  


Favorite Video:  Carrie Underwood Before He Cheats



   I LOVE this video.  EVERY girl has wanted to do this at some point, lol... completely take out revenge on someone who's wronged us, with no consequences... Believe me, there are some men who have made me want to go there, but ultimately, I would never want them to know that they hurt me that much.  And also, I don't always trust myself.  I know it takes restraint to hold back my rage-- and I'm afraid of what would happen if I unleash it at once, lol.  So, it's better I play it safe & stay out of jail.  But still good to live viCarrie-oulsy, right?  (<-- See what I did there?? lol)


Favorite Crush:  Laz Alonso

 

     So, I'm not even sure if I've  already had this particular eye-candy as my crush of the week... but WHO CARES?? It's Laz Freakin' Alonso! He recently appeared on the Wendy William's Show (How YOU do'n, Wendy?) to promote the Premiere of his tv show, Deception.  I'm all the way ready to watch, when I get home! I fell in love with him in Miracle at St. Anna- which is hard to do with my other baby-daddy, Michael Ealy, also starring in that film... I don't even care what Deception is about... but you bet I'm going to check it out. *wink, wink*


Favorite New Piece of Jewelry:  The Vintage Bow Necklace from Jewelmint.com








     Guess who fell in love with this ah-mazing necklace by Jewelmint.com?  Me, of course!  I mean, doesn't this just SCREAM, "Tiffani! Buy me now!! ? Well, at least that is what I thought when I found myself clicking it into my cart..  I love girly pieces that offer a bit of sophistication & unique charm.  For starters, it's incredibly vintage glam! They sure knew how to make lavish pieces and weren't shy about being gaudy!  I love this piece for more than it's bling-appeal, too... This sexy little bauble is not one, not two, but THREE great pieces of jewelry!  You can wear it as the necklace or you can detach it from the back and then there is an Ibis clip on the back that allows you to also wear it as a chic barrette or clip it on a blouse or scarf for a shot of shimmer.  Three pieces of jewelry for ONE great price!  Who can beat that?  So, now you see why I simply needed it! Well, who cares if you don't?  I needed it, ok??? lol


Well- This girl is going home early in 15, count 'em, 15 minutes! I'm going to get my comfy yoga pants on, brew a fresh cup of coffee and cozy up with my new Kindle Paperwhite!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend & stay tuned to what's happening in the streets!! You know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment