Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bonus Blog

  Sorry to those of you who look forward to my blog. I've been one part slacking & one part sick.  I'm also trying to make some different moves in my life path.  Sometimes, things don't always go as we plan, but we always know that God has a plan for why things happen the way they do.  This has proven to be one of the most difficult things for me to grasp.  I get so frustrated & disappointed at times, especially when I'm hopeful in things I've put all my heart into. But, I'm still learning each and everyday to embrace life, one day at a time, instead of living too far in the past or future. So- with all that being said, I'd like to share with you some of my hi-lites over the past couple of weeks... Please excuse the fact that most of these, if not all are about TV/Fim... Afterall, I was sick- there's not much else I was doing besides taking meds & sleeping. Here we go!! :

Favorite Movie: Unconditional



   Unconditional, starring my future husband, Michael Ealy... Laugh if you, want to- you know I am laughing, lol.  This was an amazing movie provided by Christian Media. Although I am a Christian,  I don't always like "Christian" movies. At times  I feel they lack the authenticity of real life & struggle.  I feel a lot of times it's a one-sided view of the world... but not this movie. This movie had so many different dynamics, messages, and nuances.  More than anything, it has Michael Ealy, lol. Well, ok, a great message too...

Favorite Talk Show: The Wendy Williams Show

 
   While I was sick, I sat many days on the couch, watching my pre-recorded episodes of The Wendy Williams Show.  I started recording it, because after watching her interview w/the Think Like A Man cast, I really appreciated her authenticity and interviewing skills.  For those of you who know me well, I'm a more "get to the point, ask what you want to know person".  I hate when people beat around a bush; mind you, I believe a great deal in tact, I like for people to get to the point.  Wendy, I feel, does this better than any talk show host I've seen.  She gets the information we all want to know! Go Wendy!

Favorite Guilty PleasureHere Comes Honey Boo Boo


   Yes... I tried that.  I had to check out why everyone was raving and fascinated with this show.  As we all know, the child pageant world is somewhat the trainwreck of southern society-- at least to us Northerners... But for some reason, we can't seem to turn away from the spray tanned, flipper wearing, big-haired little girls that go on about "Glitz" and "Beauty".  The picture above pictures probably my favorite phrase from the entire series... and it came from the Belle of the show, Honey Boo Boo... "You Betta' Redneckonize!"

Favorite Reunion ShowThe Real Housewives of New Jersey



   Another Not-so-guilty pleasure of mine, is watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Last Sunday's episode proved to be every bit as volatile and "Giucy" as we thought it would be.  One thing I wish they wouldn't do, however, is scream & talk over each other for long periods of time. I wish Andy had the Cajones to step in a little more and break it up.  If anything, the viewers would appreciate it.  This season's reunion is broken up into three parts, each one promises to be more revealing than the next.  Teresa Giudice completely comes off as a fame whore in this episode with her attention-seeking antics and inability to let any other Housewife share her story, thought, and air.  She even went as low as to try and turn a moment about Jacqueline Laurita's son, Nick's, autism, about her.  She's proven to be one of the most narcissistic women on the show. The girl needs a muzzle. Then the nerve for her to come on Wendy Williams and try to "explain" more of why she acts this way. She's on there about every 3 weeks! Please. I'd love to hear more from anyone else BUT Teresa. I think I'm mostly excited to hear from Rosie, Kathy Wahkile's no-holds-barred, rough and tumble sister.  Can't wait!


Favorite DVD of the week:  Think Like a Man




Oh, yes, another reference to Mr. Ealy.  What can I say? I'm a little enamoured with him, right now.  I got to see a lot of his trueness in some radio interviews on Youtube & other blogs- and what I can say about him, is that he's one of the most grounded celebrities I feel like I've been able to relate to.  That being said, this week's pick is for another reason... which I'll mention in the next Favorite...

Best Moment: My Brain!!



The fact that God has given me the ability to be technologically competant, is a huge blessing.  I never take that for granted.  Being a Single girl, living alone- I have no one to help me with the "manly" duties.  I use that term loosely.  You're talking about a chic that changed my own brake pads, and didn't smudge my fresh Cherry Red Manicure.  I'm a beast, when it comes to taking care of business around my home.  As it relates to the DVD: Of course I pre-ordered Think Like A Man as soon as I was aware of it's release date.  Well, my actual DVD player is old & needs to be replaced.  So, I was watching my brand new movie in my laptop on my Toshiba Player. Much to my chagrin, it was like watching an old Kung-Fu movie-- you know the kind, where the words don't match up to the dialogue. I tried to suffer through it... and at first wondered if there was something wrong with the DVD, itself.  After cleaning it about 1000 times, I tried something else.  By adjusting my power levels, I was able to figure out how to sync up my DVD.  I felt so powerful in that moment! And relieved that I could watch my movie in peace!


Ok- I've written enough! Gotta save something for the next blog.  Have a great week, everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment